These Terms govern your access to and use of Just About’s platform, a community and media platform made available via about.justabout.com or, in the future, via our mobile application (together the “Platform”).
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing and using the Platform. If you do not accept these Terms, do not use the Platform.
- a. Acceptance of Terms. By accessing and/or using the Platform, including by clicking the “read” and/or “I accept” button when creating an account to indicate your consent, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms, just as if you had agreed to these Terms in writing. If you are accepting these Terms on behalf of anyone else (such as a company), you confirm that you have the full legal authority to bind that entity to these Terms. If you or the entity you represent do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Platform.
- b. Amendment of Terms. Just About may amend these Terms from time to time. We will serve notice of the amendments deemed (at our discretion) material to users via the email that they provided upon sign up. We may also provide a banner on the Platform indicating any such material changes. Unless we provide a delayed effective date, all amendments will be effective upon our posting of such updated Terms on the Platform. Your continued access to or use of the Platform after such posting constitutes your consent to be bound by the Terms, as amended.
- c. Additional Terms. Our Just About Copyright Policy (see: https://about.justabout.com/copyright-policy) and Privacy & Cookies Policy (see: https://about.justabout.com/privacy) are hereby incorporated by reference. The Just About Privacy & Cookies Policy is an essential component of these Terms as Just About’s ability to use the personal data you consent to us sharing with our third-party advertisers contributes to making the Platform commercially viable. By accepting these Terms, you consent to complying with
2. The Just About Platform
- a. Just About Platform. The Platform is a community media platform through which you can access, view and interact with discussions and articles made available by Just About as well as other users.
- b. Charges. There is currently no charge to access the Platform. The Just About Platform is instead made commercially viable through the use of advertising, affiliate revenue and third-party partnerships, which may be displayed on the Platform from time to time, as further specified in these Terms.
- c. Platform Access. You must create an account and be logged into your account in order to access the Platform:
- i. once you have created an account and are logged into it, you will be able to access, view and interact with discussions and articles, including by (i) creating discussions and articles, (ii) commenting on posts and articles, (iii) upvoting discussion posts or articles, (iv) reporting objectionable content to moderators and (v) accumulating Bounties (as defined below at section 2.h). Users with such accounts are herein referred to as “Standard Users” and their accounts as a “Standard User Account”;
- ii. having created a Standard User Account, you may then, if eligible, elect to connect your PayPal account to your Just About Standard User Account, in which case you will also be able to withdraw into your PayPal account any accumulated Bounty winnings and advertising revenue you may be entitled to, as further detailed in these Terms. Such users are herein referred to as “Verified Users” and their accounts as a “Verified User Account”. Currently, only users aged 18 or above can create a Verified User Account and be Verified Users. However, if you are 16 or 17 you can elect to connect your parent/guardian’s PayPal account to your Just About Standard User Account for the purposes of being able to withdraw into their PayPal account any accumulated Bounty winnings and advertising revenue you may be entitled to, as further detailed in these Terms;
- iii. in the future, users may be able to access the Platform without an account or without being logged into their account. Such users will be able to access and view discussions and articles, but not interact with them.
- d. Account creation. You will be prompted to create an account when first accessing and using the Platform. You undertake that the information you provide to Just About when you sign up to the Platform and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete and that you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you sign up as a Standard User, you will be asked to create a username and password. If you do not wish to be identified through your username then you should select a username which is anonymous. If you are 16 or 17, or 18 or over and wish to obtain a Verified User Account, you will also be required to link, in the case of 16 or 17 year olds, your parent or guardian’s PayPal account and, in the case of those 18 or over your PayPal account, to your Standard User Account. You are solely responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including any activity by unauthorised users. You are also solely responsible for providing your own access (e.g., computer, mobile device, internet connection, etc.) to the Platform. Once you have signed up to the Platform you will be able to amend and update your account information as required. Your Just About account is personal to you and you agree not to create more than one account. You agree that you will not license, sell or transfer your account without our prior written approval.
- e. Security. You are responsible for keeping your Just About account details and, if you are a Verified User, your PayPal account details, secure. We recommend that you set a strong password unique to your Just About account and, once the feature is introduced, that you enable two-factor authentication. If you become aware of any unauthorised access to your Just About account or any suspected breach of security you should notify us immediately.
- f. Moderator. If you are 18 or over and choose to create a Verified User Account and fulfil certain selection criteria, as will be further specified by Just About on the Platform, you may, if you wish, then choose to apply to become a Just About moderator by following the instructions on the Platform. If you choose to do so, Just About may (in its sole discretion) accept your application, in which case we will notify you via email to your account email address and/or via the Platform and your account will be granted a moderating permission to a particular community or communities, as notified to you by Just About.
If you are selected to be a moderator, you agree to follow the Platform’s Moderator Guidelines (available to signed-in users here: https://justabout.com/just-about/moderator-code-of-conduct), which provide details of your rights and obligations as a moderator, including your obligations to take prompt and appropriate actions when receiving reports, not to perform any moderation actions in return for any form of third-party compensation, gifts or favours and your obligation to only use non-public information you may have access to for the sole purpose of moderating.
Moderating is an unofficial, voluntary position. However, from time to time we might set challenges, which, if completed, will entitle you to receive Bounties (as defined in section 2.h of these Terms). The terms on which such Bounties may be awarded will be specified by Just About for each challenge prior to the start of that challenge.
As a moderator you are not, and may not represent that you are, an agent of Just About or otherwise authorised to act on behalf of Just About. Just About reserves the right to revoke your moderating permission or limit your ability to moderate at any time at its sole discretion. Just About also reserves the right to overturn any moderator action at its sole discretion.
- g. Curator. In the future, Just About may (in its sole discretion) offer selected 18 or over Verified Users the opportunity to act as curators on the Platform. The selected users who are accepted and selected as curators will each have their accounts granted a curating permission. Such permission would include being able to (i) repurpose the best winning activity submissions into editorial content, (ii) create original content for the community as a sole author and receive a share of the advertising revenue on a per article basis (as further set out in section 2.i.) and (iii) work with moderators and Bounty Setters (as defined below) to issue and plan future Bounties. Curating is an unofficial, voluntary position. However, from time to time, we might set challenges, which, if completed by a curator, will entitle them to receive Bounties (as defined in section 2.h of these Terms). The terms on which such Bounties may be awarded will be specified by Just About for each challenge prior to the start of that challenge.
Just About reserves the right to revoke a user’s curating permission or limit their ability to curate at any time at its sole discretion.
- h. Bounties. By completing activities on the Platform, users might get rewarded with “Bounties”, an in-Platform reward with a USD$ real money value. Bounties can be obtained and accumulated by both Standard Users and Verified Users in their Just About account but can only be withdrawn from their Just About account by Verified Users (as further detailed in section 2.j of these Terms).
- 1. General
Any Bounties balance shown in your Just About account reflects stored value that you can pay out of the Platform for real money value. Payouts can be done by Verified Users via PayPal in accordance with the terms set out in section 2.j. below. Bounties are personal to you and non-transferable. In other words, only you can use them and you cannot gift, sell, license, redeem, assign, transfer or otherwise dispose of them to any other person. Your right to use Bounties ends if Just About or PayPal suspends or closes your account. Your right to use Bounties expires after 12 continuous months of account inactivity (as further detailed in section 3.c below).
- 2. Bounties earned through activities
Generally, users may be rewarded with Bounties when contributing to the Platform by taking part in activities within the community and being voted as the best or one of the best contributions to that activity.
The specific terms on which Bounties may be awarded, including the submission format, end date for submission and total Bounties offered, may differ for each activity and will be specified by the person offering the Bounties (the “Bounty Setter”) for each activity prior to the start of that activity.
The following terms will also apply to all such activities (in addition to the Terms and specific terms set by the Bounty Setter):
- i. Entries
- a. Only one entry per person will be accepted from the territories in which Just About operates and in line with the age requirements set out in these Terms unless otherwise stated. Multiple entries are not accepted and anyone trying to circumvent this rule will be disqualified and any Bounties awarded will be forfeited.
- b. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Just About takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- c. The activities may be skill-based contests. In skill-based contests, chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual merit. Entries must be an independent creation by the user and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been used in other competitions or contests.
- d. Just About monitors responses to the activities and if any response made by a user is, or could be regarded as, being disrespectful towards other users or contain anything which is likely to, or could, cause offence or distress, such entries will not be accepted and will be removed.
- e. Entries will be deemed invalid if they:
- i. contain defamatory, malicious, indecent, offensive or other inappropriate content;
- ii. include the names of any individual without their express permission;
- iii. in the reasonable opinion of Just About, may cause any widespread or serious offence.
- ii. Winner selection and notification
- a. Following the end of each activity, the Bounty Setter of that activity, the community (for instance, by voting for their favourite submission) and/or any other judge or judge panel as specified on the activity page will judge each valid entry and choose the winner(s) of the activity.
- b. The decision as to the winner(s) of each activity is at the full discretion of the community, judge or judges of that activity (as applicable) and is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision taken.
- c. The winner(s) will be notified through a Platform notification and by email notification sent to their email address as provided when signing up to the Platform.
- iii. Bounties won
- a. The Bounties won through the activities will be added to the winner(s)’ Just About account following the Bounty Setter’s decision.
- b. No alternative prize to the Bounties is or will be available.
- iv. General
- a. Unless indicated otherwise, the activities are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, the companies producing, developing and/or publishing the games the activities relate to. These companies shall not be liable in any way whatsoever to users entering the activities.
- b. Just About reserves the right to refuse to award Bounties or withdraw awarded Bounties where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms.
- c. When you post a submission for a contest (whether or not you are ultimately chosen as a winner), your submission, Just About username, display name or any other public information associated with your account may be displayed on the page of the activity, throughout the Platform and/or shared by us on other social media platforms or through other means. Further information on what we can do with Content you submit on the Platform can be found below at section 6.
- 3. Bounties earned through challenges
Curators and Moderators may also from time to time obtain Bounties by completing challenges relating to their curating and moderating roles, as will be set by Just About from time to time. The specific terms on which such Bounties may be awarded, including the challenge to complete, end date by which it should be completed and total Bounties offered, may differ for each challenge and will be specified by Just About for each challenge prior to the start of that challenge.
- i. Advertising Revenue. Standard Users and Verified Users (including Curators) may contribute to the Platform by writing and publishing articles. In certain instances, a percentage of the advertising revenue derived from these articles by the Platform (if any) will be shared with the Curator of that article and each individual who has contributed to such article (where the level of contribution required in order to receive such remuneration shall be as set out by Just About from time to time). If applicable, the specific percentage will be determined by Just About on a case-by-case basis, as notified to you from time to time. As with Bounties, only Verified Users can then withdraw such revenue from their Just About account.
- j. Payout Feature. Any payouts of either Bounties or advertising revenue by Verified Users will be made through PayPal. This feature is therefore only available in countries where PayPal is available, as further detailed on the PayPal website here. All payouts are subject to a minimum payout amount of USD$25. Just About reserves the right to change this minimum amount at any time. If you do not have an existing PayPal account, you must create one or, if you are 16 or 17 your parent or guardian must create one, in order to use this payout feature. It is your own responsibility (or that of your parent or guardian) to comply with the PayPal terms and conditions and to pay costs associated with these services (if any). It is also your responsibility to ensure that you link your Just About account to the correct PayPal account. Just About is not responsible for any pay outs made to an incorrect PayPal account due to any errors on your part in providing the account details. You must be at least 18 years old to have a PayPal account (or such age as specified by PayPal as the minimum age in your jurisdiction to be eligible for a PayPal account). The pay out feature is only available to Verified Users, who must be 18 years of age or older. However, if you are 16 or 17 you can make pay outs to an account held by the parent or legal guardian who has agreed to these Terms on your behalf.
- k. Use of the Platform. You must not use or exploit the Platform or any of its content for commercial purposes. To use the Platform you must have access to the Internet or other communication networks through which we make our Platform available. Just About continually updates and tests various aspects of the Platform. We reserve the right to include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. You understand and agree that we may take actions we deem reasonably necessary to prevent fraud and abuse of the Platform.
- l. Eligibility Criteria. You must be at least 13 years old and over the minimum age required by laws of your country of residence to access and use our Platform. If you are 13 or over but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, then you confirm that you have obtained your parent/legal guardian’s consent before using the Platform and that they have reviewed and agreed to these Terms on your behalf. In order to be a Verified User and have a Verified User Account you must be 18 or over (or such age as specified by PayPal as the minimum age in your jurisdiction to be eligible for a PayPal account). However, if you are 16 or 17 you can elect to connect your parent/guardian’s PayPal account to your Just About Standard User Account for the purposes of being able to withdraw into their PayPal account any accumulated Bounty winnings and advertising revenue you may be entitled to, as further detailed in these Terms.
- m. Availability. Just About does not currently operate in Russia and certain other countries subject to sanctions or embargoes by the UK Government. The Platform is also not available to any user previously suspended or removed from the Platform by Just About. By using the Platform, you represent and warrant to Just About that you have not been previously suspended or removed from the Platform. By accessing the Platform, you represent and warrant that you are not barred from using Just About or similar platforms under all applicable laws in your jurisdiction. If you choose to access the Platform you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws that apply to such use including, without limitation, laws relating to use of the internet, data, email or other electronic messages, or privacy.
- n. Responsibility for Access. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have appropriate technical requirements in place to access the Platform, including sufficient internet bandwidth. We are not required to maintain anything other than the current version of the Platform.
- o. Licence to use the Platform. Subject to your compliance with these Terms we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, personal licence to access and use the Platform solely for your own personal use. This licence is personal to you and should we establish or reasonably suspect that you are using anyone else’s account details we shall have the right to suspend and/or terminate your access to the Platform.
- p. Advertising. The Platform may display advertising and sponsored posts. When you first access the Platform, you will be asked if you consent to your personal data being used for targeted advertising purposes or not. If you choose not to consent you will still see adverts but these will not be personalised to you. Further details on this are available in our Just About Privacy & Cookies Policy: https://about.justabout.com/privacy.
3. Termination or Modification by Just About
- a. Our rights to terminate/suspend/amend. Whilst Just About wishes to make its Platform available as widely as possible, you agree that Just About must retain the right, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason at any time, with or without notice, to: (i) terminate, cancel, deactivate, disable, delete and/or suspend any account, your access to or use of the Platform (or any part thereof); (ii) remove and discard all or any part of your account or any content uploaded by you; and/or (iii) discontinue, disable, suspend, modify or alter any aspect, feature or policy of the Platform made available via the Platform (and/or any part thereof). Following any such Platform modifications or alterations by Just About you may be required to confirm your acceptance to new Terms. You acknowledge that your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with any modification or discontinuation of service made by us is to stop using the Platform and terminate your account.
- b. Breach. If we determine that you have violated these Terms (including if you are under-18 and have not obtained the necessary parental/guardian consent) or otherwise engaged in illegal or improper use of the Platform, Just About shall be entitled to immediately terminate your right to access the Platform, which includes the termination of your account. You agree that Just About will not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination. If Just About deletes your account for these reasons, you may not re-register for or use the Platform under any other user name, email or profile. Just About may block your access to the Platform to prevent re-registration.
- c. Prolonged inactivity. If your Just About account remains inactive for a period of 12 continuous months then we may (at our sole discretion) disable and terminate your account. If you have any accumulated Bounties or advertising revenue we will, however, email you before disabling and terminating your account, providing you with a 7 days’ notice and a final 24 hours’ notice to re-activate your account and/or (provided that you are a Verified User and have accumulated Bounty winnings and/or advertising revenue at or above the minimum payout amount specified at clause 2.j above) withdraw such Bounties and/or advertising revenue. If you do not re-activate within this time period then we may (at our sole discretion) disable and terminate your account.
- d. Sections surviving termination. The following sections of these Terms will survive termination of your account: sections 3 (Termination), 5 (Prohibited Conduct), 6 (Content), 8 (Ownership; Proprietary Rights), 10 (Liability), 11 (Miscellaneous).
Your Privacy. Your privacy is important to Just About. The Just About Privacy & Cookies Policy is available on the Platform for reference (see: https://about.justabout.com/privacy). Please read this Privacy & Cookies Policy carefully for information relating to Just About’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data. By agreeing to these Terms, you also agree to the Just About Privacy & Cookies Policy.
5. Prohibited Conduct
a. What you cannot do. Without limiting the prohibitions and restrictions found elsewhere throughout these Terms, you agree not to:
- i. act in a deceptive or fraudulent manner by, among other things, impersonating another person or access another user’s account without that person’s permission;
- ii. share Just About passwords with any third party, encourage any other user to do so or gain, or attempt to gain, access to another user’s account in any other way;
- iii. reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works based upon the content on the Platform, or distribute, license, lease, sell, resell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, use for commercial purposes or otherwise exploit any portion of the Platform;
- iv. misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Platform, including deleting the copyright or other proprietary rights or notices from any portion of the Platform;
- v. upload material (e.g. virus) that is damaging to computer systems or data of Just About or users of the Platform or otherwise use the Platform in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Platform;
- vi. upload copyrighted material that is not your own or that you do not have the legal right to distribute, display, and otherwise make available to others;
- vii. upload or send to Platform users pornographic, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, racially or ethnically insulting, libellous, or otherwise inappropriate content;
- viii. decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Platform, in whole or in part except as may be permitted by applicable law;
- ix. link to, mirror or frame any portion of Platform;
- x. cause or launch any program or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Platform or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any aspect of the Platform;
- xi. attempt to gain unauthorised access to or impair any aspect of the Platform or its related systems or networks or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform or any activities conducted on the Platform;
- xii. misuse the Platform’s systems to gain an unfair advantage in the performance of your content or to put another user’s content at a disadvantage;
- xiii. send junk mail or “spam” to users;
- xiv. remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Platform, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Platform, or any features that enforce limitations on the use of the Platform or the content therein;
- xv. obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Platform;
- xvi. modify the Platform in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the Platform, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorised access to the Platform;
- xvii. use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Platform for any purpose without our express written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Platform; or
- xviii. use the Platform for or in connection with any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
b. Our rights. Without limitation to any other rights we may have under these Terms, Just About reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or remove content in its sole discretion if you breach any of the subsections of section 5.a.
- i. To report a security issue or vulnerability, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ii. To report problematic content, please contact a moderator on the Platform.
- iii. To report intellectual property rights infringement in any content, please use the contact details set out at section 7.b of these Terms.
a. Copyright Policy. We respect the intellectual property of others. You can read more on this in our Just About Copyright Policy accessible here: https://about.justabout.com/copyright-policy.
b. Content. By its nature, the Platform will contain content such as information, text, links or materials in any other form (“Content”). This Content may be published on the Platform by third parties, including other users. We take no responsibility for Content appearing on the Platform and we do not endorse, support or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any Content. Users are solely responsible for the Content they upload on the Platform. By uploading any Content you represent and warrant that you have the right to do so. You may expose yourself to liability if you do not have the necessary rights to the Content.
c. Licence to your Content. By uploading any Content on the Platform you remain the owner of your own Content and hereby grant us and our affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, paid up, royalty free, transferrable and sublicensable licence to use the Content (including your profile information that does not constitute personal data under the UK data protection legislation) for our own business purposes and such other purposes as we see fit from time to time connected with our business, including featuring the Content and your profile information on the Platform and making it available for syndication. With regards to any Content that qualifies as personal data under the UK data protection legislation, you hereby grant us and our affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, revocable, paid up, royalty free, transferrable and sublicensable licence to use such Content for our own business purposes and such other purposes as we see fit from time to time connected with our business. You also confirm that:
- i. the Content does not contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- ii. the Content does not include the names or other details of any individual without their express permission;
- iii. the Content will not cause any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards);
- iv. the Content does not contain any unlawful material;
- v. he Content is not copied directly or indirectly from any third party and is your original work or, where it does comprise any third party content you have the necessary permissions and licences in place with such third party to be able to grant the licence to Just About hereunder;
- vi. the Content does not contain any viruses or other malware;
- vii. the Content does not require permission from any other individual or entity to use it;
- viii. you waive all moral rights, in and to the Content to which you may now or at any time be entitled under the CDPA 1988 and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world; and
- ix. we may moderate, edit, adapt, alter, or otherwise change the Content or choose to stop using the Content or part of the Content at any time.
d. Withdrawing Content.If you would like to withdraw your consent to our use of the Content on the Platform you may do so at any time by deleting your Content from the Platform. Please note that such action will not delete any Content that may have been shared or syndicated by us (in accordance with sections 2 and/or 6 of these Terms) prior to any deletion by you.
a. Infringement. We respect the intellectual property of others and require that all Just About users do the same. It is our policy to remove any infringing material from the Platform. We may, if appropriate and at our discretion, terminate the accounts of users who have made a significant infringement and/or who are repeat infringers.
b. Reporting Infringement. If you believe anything on the Platform infringes a copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right you own, you may notify us by filling in our reporting form (available to signed-in users here: https://justabout.com/p/copyright) or contacting us by providing details of your complaint and any supporting documentation at:
- Rupert Loman
- Just About Community Ltd
- 168 Church Road
- BN3 2DL
c. Following an Infringement Report. If your Content has been removed by Just About in response to a copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property infringement complaint, we will notify you via the email address you have provided on signing up and explain why your Content has been removed or edited. If you believe your Content was wrongly removed or edited, you can contact us by replying directly to our email or at the contact information provided above. Just About will review your requests and will make a determination (at its discretion). Any upheld infringement claim against you may, at Just About’s discretion depending on the deemed severity of the infringement, result in notes and/or strikes being applied to your Just About account to record the infringement or in the immediate termination of your account.
8. Ownership; Proprietary Rights
a. Our IP. The Platform is owned and operated by Just About. “Materials” means the content, visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code, products, software (including any downloadable software), services, and all other elements of the Platform provided by Just About. All Materials contained on the Platform are the intellectual property of Just About and/or third-party licensors whether registered or unregistered and may not be used in connection with any product or service or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion as to our endorsement, affiliation or sponsorship of any person, product or service. All trade marks, service marks, and trade names used by us on the Platform are proprietary to Just About and/or third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorised by Just About under these Terms or otherwise, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorised use of the Materials and may only access the Materials for your personal, non-commercial use. In the event that Materials are downloaded to your computer, mobile phone or other device, you do not obtain any ownership interest in such Materials. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
b. Feedback. If you provide Just About with any comments, bug reports, feedback, or modifications proposed or suggested by you to the Platform (“Feedback”), Just About shall have the right to use such Feedback at its discretion, including, but not limited to the incorporation of such suggested changes into the Platform. You hereby grant Just About a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive license under all rights necessary to incorporate and use your Feedback for any purpose without notice to, consent by or compensation to you or any third party.
9. Third-party Sites, Products, Services and Promotions
a. Linked Sites. The Platform may include links to other websites or services (“Linked Sites”) solely as a convenience to users. Just About does not endorse any such Linked Sites or the information, material, products, or services contained on other Linked Sites or accessible through other Linked Sites. Furthermore, Just About makes no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products, or services that are contained on or accessible through Linked Sites. Access and use of Linked Sites, including the information, material, products, and services on Linked Sites or available through Linked Sites, is solely at your own risk.
b. No responsibility for third party sites and promotions. We are not responsible for the products, services or promotions provided by any third parties (including but not limited to affiliates, adverts or other users’ content) that may appear on our Platform. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, third parties found on or through the Platform are solely between you and such third party. You understand and agree that Just About will have no liability in respect of any loss or damage you may incur as a result of any such dealings with third parties or as the result of the presence of such third party on the Platform. If you are a user and choose to organise private promotions on Just About by organising unofficial activities independently of Just About, these will be deemed third party promotions and you will be solely responsible for conducting these in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Just About will not provide any assistance in relation to such promotions. Each of your promotions must (i) state that Just About does not endorse or sponsor the promotion, (ii) state that Just About is not associated with the promotion, (iii) have their own terms and conditions and (iv) in their terms and conditions release Just About from any liability related to the promotion.
a. No implied terms. The express terms of these Terms are in place of all warranties, representations, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations which but for the Terms would be implied or incorporated into the Terms, or any collateral agreement, by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, all of which are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
b. Liability that cannot be excluded. Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Just About, its servants, agents, employees or sub-contractors; (ii) any breach or contravention of the terms implied by Section 2 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or (iii) fraudulent misrepresentation.
c. Exclusions. Just About do not make any representation or warranty as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, availability, accuracy or completeness of the Platform. We do not represent or warrant that: (i) the use of the Platform will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data; (ii) the quality of the Platform, will meet your requirements or expectations; (iii) the server(s) that make the Platform available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The Platform is provided to you strictly on an “as is” basis; (iv) any stored data will be accurate or reliable; or (v) any errors or defects will be corrected.
d. Only responsible for foreseeable losses or damages. Subject to section 10.b above, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaching these Terms, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
e. Liability cap. Subject to sections 10.b and 10.d above, our maximum aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms or any collateral agreement, whether in contract or tort (including in each case negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed USD$50.
f. Force majeure. We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
a. Transfer. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these Terms. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end these Terms within 7 days of us telling you about it. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
b. Entire Agreement. These Terms (together with any other terms and policies referred to herein) constitute the entire agreement between us and supersede and extinguish all previous and contemporaneous agreements, promises, assurances and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to their subject matter.
c. Severability. Each of the clauses of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
d. Waiver. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking these Terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
e. Notices. Notices will be sent to you at the email address that you provided to Just About during the registration process. Notices may be sent to us here. Notice will be deemed given 24 hours after the email is sent, unless the sender receives an automatic, electronic notification that such notice was not successfully received.
f. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by English law. Any disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts which means that you may bring a claim to enforce your consumer protection rights in connection with these Terms in the UK or in the EU country in which you live. If you are a consumer and have your habitual residence in the EU, you additionally enjoy the protection afforded to you by mandatory provisions of the law of your country of residence.
Issue Date: May 2023